- LOJACK’S SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. LOJACK SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES REGARDING YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON SERVICE AND THE SITES OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE AND THE SITES.
- LoJack and its affiliates do not review or monitor any third-party Web sites linked to the service or blog sections of the Sites and are not responsible for the content on any such linked Web site. The inclusion of any link does not imply that LoJack endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on such third-party sites. Refer to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each individual third-party site to determine your rights and responsibilities in using such site. Your linking to such third-party Web site is at your own risk.
- All trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans, domain names and trade names (collectively “Marks”) are the properties of their respective owners. LoJack disclaims any proprietary interest in Marks other than its own. All materials contained in the Sites are the copyrighted property of LoJack, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any part of these Sites is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, materials or other materials viewed through the Sites. If you wish to use material contained on any of LoJack’s Sites other than for your individual review and individual educational purpose, and the copyright ownership of such material is held by a third party, then you must secure the permission of such third-party in order to use such material. If you wish to download and use any information contained in the Sites other than for your individual review and individual educational purposes or in connection with your customer relationship or potential customer relationship with LoJack, send an e-mail to email@example.com so that the Webmaster may evaluate your proposed use of LoJack’s Site content.
- If the Webmaster approves your request to use content from one of LoJack’s Sites, you are granted permission to view, use, reproduce, copy and distribute documents within that particular Site for the sole purposes specified in your request. You agree that: (i) you will not modify the documents, publications or graphics; (ii) you will not quote materials out of context; and (iii) you will retain and display the copyright notice of LoJack on such content. You further agree that LoJack shall have the right to revoke its consent at any time and you shall immediately cease any further use of the LoJack Sites content. The foregoing consent does not include permission to copy the design elements, look and feel, or layout of LoJack’s Sites. Subject to the further terms set forth in Section 5 above, you assume all risks concerning the suitability and accuracy of the information within LoJack’s Sites which you propose to use, subject to LoJack’s consent.
- LoJack may make changes to the Sites, information contained therein, software, documents, publications, prices, technical specifications, product and service offerings and any other information and materials within the Sites at any time and without prior notice.
- You shall not use LoJack’s Sites for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions. You shall not undertake any initiative that shall damage, disable, overburden or impair any LoJack server, or the network(s) connected to any LoJack server, or otherwise interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Web site. You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to services, materials, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any LoJack server or to the Sites, through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- You hereby grant LoJack a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or part) worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, display, publish, post on any LoJack Site, and/or distribute, for any and all purposes, any content that you submit, transmit, post, upload, or otherwise communicate (collectively, “Submit”) on or through a LoJack Site. Such use by LoJack may be without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity. By Submitting content to a LoJack Site, you represent and warrant that you own such content and are not violating any third party’s rights. You agree not to Submit any content that is illegal, offensive, vulgar, harassing or defamatory, or any content for the purposes of advertising, soliciting, or spamming. LoJack reserves the right to refuse to post or remove any Submission from the Sites for any reason, without notice to you.
- You agree to defend and indemnify LoJack, its subsidiaries and other affiliates, and all of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns, harmless from any and all injuries, losses, claims and damages to any person or property, and all costs and expenses, including, without limitation attorneys’ fees, and any other liabilities incurred by any of the foregoing resulting from any violation of these Terms and Conditions or arising from your use of the LoJack Sites.
- LoJack respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects others to respect such rights while using and making submissions to the LoJack Sites. Any copyright owner who believes that his or her copyright rights have been infringed should follow the procedure set forth below in order for LoJack to receive notice and respond appropriately. LoJack will act to remove or disable access to any material found to be infringing
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to the website’s designated agent. The LoJack Sites’ designated agent must be contacted using one of the following methods:
By mail: LoJack Corporation, 40 Pequot Way, Canton, MA 02021, Attention: Legal Department.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All email notifications must contain the subject line: “Notice of Copyright Infringement”.
By fax: 781-302-2898, Attention: Legal Department.
All notifications must be in writing, and contain the following information:
a. A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
b. Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed;
c. Identification of the location on the LoJack Sites where the allegedly infringing material can be found;
d. Contact information for the complaining party including a mailing address, email address and telephone number;
e. A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
f. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
14. These User Terms and any disputes arising out of or related to LoJack’s Sites shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.