- Pioneer Corporation’s Web site, its affiliate sites, its online store and any other electronic form of publication or communication, including Pioneer Corporation blogs and other interactive media, (the “Sites” or “Pioneer’s Sites”) are accessible worldwide to anyone with Internet access. Access to the Sites is subject to the user terms and conditions set forth herein (“User Terms” or “Terms and Conditions”), as well as to all applicable trademark and copyright laws and all other applicable laws and regulations. BY ACCESSING PIONEER’S SITES, YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION, ENTITLED “USER TERMS”, WITHOUT ANY QUALIFICATION OR EXCEPTIONS TO SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Pioneer and its affiliates, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting such amended terms in lieu of the then current User Terms. By accessing Pioneer’s Sites subsequent to the adoption of any such amendments, you agree to accept any such amendments to the User Terms. Special terms may apply to some services offered on certain Pioneer Sites, like registration-based services, rules for particular contests or sweepstakes or other features or activities. These special terms are posted in connection with the applicable service. Any such terms are in addition to these User Terms, and in the event of a conflict, prevail over these User Terms.
- PIONEER’S SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PIONEER SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES REGARDING YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON SERVICE AND THE SITES OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE AND THE SITES.
- Pioneer and its affiliates do not review or monitor any third-party Web sites linked to the service or blog sections of the Sites and are not responsible for the content on any such linked Web site. The inclusion of any link does not imply that Pioneer endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on such third-party sites. Refer to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each individual third-party site to determine your rights and responsibilities in using such site. Your linking to such third-party Web site is at your own risk.
- All sales of products or services are subject to Pioneer’s standard terms and conditions of sale.
- All trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans, domain names and trade names (collectively “Marks”) are the properties of their respective owners. Pioneer disclaims any proprietary interest in Marks other than its own. All materials contained in the Sites are the copyrighted property of Pioneer, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any part of these Sites is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, materials or other materials viewed through the Sites. If you wish to use material contained on any of Pioneer’s Sites other than for your individual review and individual educational purpose, and the copyright ownership of such material is held by a third party, then you must secure the permission of such third-party in order to use such material. If you wish to download and use any information contained in the Sites other than for your individual review and individual educational purposes or in connection with your customer relationship or potential customer relationship with Pioneer, send an e-mail to email@example.com so that the Webmaster may evaluate your proposed use of Pioneer’s Site content.
- If the Webmaster approves your request to use content from one of Pioneer’s Sites, you are granted permission to view, use, reproduce, copy and distribute documents within that particular Site for the sole purposes specified in your request. You agree that: (i) you will not modify the documents, publications or graphics; (ii) you will not quote materials out of context; and (iii) you will retain and display the copyright notice of Pioneer on such content. You further agree that Pioneer shall have the right to revoke its consent at any time and you shall immediately cease any further use of the Pioneer Sites content. The foregoing consent does not include permission to copy the design elements, look and feel, or layout of Pioneer’s Sites. Subject to the further terms set forth in Section 5 above, you assume all risks concerning the suitability and accuracy of the information within Pioneer’s Sites which you propose to use, subject to Pioneer’s consent.
- Pioneer may make changes to the Sites, information contained therein, software, documents, publications, prices, technical specifications, product and service offerings and any other information and materials within the Sites at any time and without prior notice.
- You shall not use Pioneer’s Sites for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions. You shall not undertake any initiative that shall damage, disable, overburden or impair any Pioneer server, or the network(s) connected to any Pioneer server, or otherwise interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Web site. You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to services, materials, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Pioneer server or to the Sites, through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- You hereby grant Pioneer a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or part) worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, display, publish, post on any Pioneer Site, and/or distribute, for any and all purposes, any content that you submit, transmit, post, upload, or otherwise communicate (collectively, “Submit”) on or through a Pioneer Site. Such use by Pioneer may be without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity. By Submitting content to a Pioneer Site, you represent and warrant that you own such content and are not violating any third party’s rights. You agree not to Submit any content that is illegal, offensive, vulgar, harassing or defamatory, or any content for the purposes of advertising, soliciting, or spamming. Pioneer reserves the right to refuse to post or remove any Submission from the Sites for any reason, without notice to you.
- You agree to defend and indemnify Pioneer, its subsidiaries and other affiliates, and all of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns, harmless from any and all injuries, losses, claims and damages to any person or property, and all costs and expenses, including, without limitation attorneys’ fees, and any other liabilities incurred by any of the foregoing resulting from any violation of these Terms and Conditions or arising from your use of the Pioneer Sites.
- Pioneer respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects others to respect such rights while using and making submissions to the Pioneer Sites. Any copyright owner who believes that his or her copyright rights have been infringed should follow the procedure set forth below in order for Pioneer to receive notice and respond appropriately. Pioneer will act to remove or disable access to any material found to be infringing
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to the website’s designated agent. The Pioneer Sites’ designated agent must be contacted using one of the following methods:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All email notifications must contain the subject line: “Notice of Copyright Infringement”.
All notifications must contain the following information:
a. A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
b. Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed;
c. Identification of the location on the Pioneer Sites where the allegedly infringing material can be found;
d. Contact information for the complaining party including a mailing address, email address and telephone number;
e. A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
f. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
14. These User Terms and any disputes arising out of or related to Pioneer’s Sites shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.